Hosting any major sporting event wouldn't be the same without the tremendous contribution of its volunteers. The passion, inspiration and friendship they bring to their roles is truly spectacular and it’s what makes the difference between a good Games and a great Games.
First Stars are ready to inspire at Ashgabat 2017
Other than being the first point of contact and the face of the Games, the First Stars will also be the biggest ever volunteer movement in Turkmenistan and will take on the duty to inspire their country through their Games time experience.
Volunteer registrations for the 5th Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games have been extremely successful since the First Stars programme was launched in February, and the Ashgabat 2017 programme’s aim to include up to 10,000 generalist and specialist volunteers from the host country has been successfully reached, with up to 11,000 registrations.
All volunteers will receive three types of training: general training, role specific training and venue specific training for a total of eight hours per volunteer.
The initial training sessions, called "Time to Inspire", which provide an introduction to the Games, key information and skills that will set the First Stars off to a flying start have been delivered over the past few months.
In the summer, volunteers will move into Games-time training. This intensive training schedule will again cover a variety of event specific training with the ultimate objective of preparing the best First Stars to deliver the best ever AIMAG.
1. Application/ Registration
Registration starts February 2017.
Thank you for your interest in registering to become a First Star.
Unfortunately, registrations are now closed. If you have registered as a First Star then we will be in touch very soon. In the meantime, please check your email and the information at your local Volunteer Hub centre for any updates. For the latest news about Ashgabat 2017 and First Stars please visit ashgabat2017.com
You will go through a selection process where we will match the skills outlined on your application form with a Games-time role.
3. Offer/ Acceptance
If you are successful, you will receive a Games-time job offer and you will need to accept the role and sign a contract.
Games Time Training starts June 2017
The main objective of training is to provide you with the necessary skills to fulfill your job. You will be required to attend a number of training sessions including general training and role specific training.
You will receive your scheduled shift times and dates for the Games
6. Collect Uniform and Accreditation
You will be invited to come and collect your Uniform and Accreditation card which will be worn during your shifts.
7. First Shift
Let the Games begin and enjoy your volunteering experience.
This is your time to inspire.
- Anti-Doping and Medical
- Arrivals and Departures
- Broadcast & Media
- Catering, Cleaning and Waste
- Event Services
- NOC Services
- Venue Management
- Communications, Brand and Marketing
- Latest News13 September, 2017 (17:00)
- Latest News13 September, 2017 (13:58)
- Latest News12 September, 2017 (13:08)
- Latest News11 September, 2017 (14:45)
- Latest News11 September, 2017 (13:42)
- Latest News09 September, 2017 (12:09)
- Latest News07 September, 2017 (16:59)
- Latest News06 September, 2017 (11:41)
- Latest News03 September, 2017 (09:00)
- Latest News01 September, 2017 (18:43)
- Latest News31 August, 2017 (20:05)
- Latest News29 August, 2017 (11:05)
- Latest News26 August, 2017 (17:00)
- Latest News24 August, 2017 (17:31)
- Latest News21 August, 2017 (17:00)
- Latest News19 August, 2017 (17:00)
- Latest News16 August, 2017 (09:44)
- Latest News14 August, 2017 (11:40)
- Latest News11 August, 2017 (10:04)
- Latest News09 August, 2017 (10:29)