Short Course Swimming
Swimming is a popular Olympic sport, athletes will compete for medals in the four main strokes – freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly as well as competing in relay events. The term short course is used to identify a pool that is 25m in length.
Event distances range from 50m to 1500m and the winner is the person that finishes the race in the fastest time.
Days of competition: 4 days
Competition dates: 22–25 September
Medal events: 30
Competition venue: Aquatics Centre
- Short course records are traditionally faster than long course records. This is assumed to be connected to increased number of wall push-offs, where speed is greatest.
- The fastest and most efficient swim stroke is the freestyle.
- Latest News10 August, 2017 (11:10)
- Latest News15 June, 2017 (11:31)
- Latest News17 May, 2017 (12:35)
- Latest News02 May, 2017 (15:02)
- Latest News27 April, 2017 (21:19)
- Latest News27 April, 2017 (18:52)
- Latest News26 April, 2017 (22:23)
- Latest News26 April, 2017 (20:28)
- Latest News26 April, 2017 (18:15)
- Latest News26 April, 2017 (12:52)
- Other News03 October, 2016 (13:21)
- Latest News
It was summed up the Championships of Turkmenistan on swimming, archery, fighting wushu and acrobatics17 April, 2016 (09:50)
- Latest News10 April, 2016 (10:59)
- Latest News13 August, 2014 (21:02)