Fifth Futsal title for Iran
Iran won the Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games Futsal title for a fifth consecutive time, as they overpowered Uzbekistan 7-1 in the men's gold medal game at the Multifunctional Sport Venue on Tuesday 26 September.
Iran were unbeaten in their six matches and scored 58 total goals in the Ashgabat 2017 tournament. The victory moves Iran to No.5 in the world rankings.
Iran’s star player Javid was the tournament top scorer with 15 goals. He scored four goals in the gold medal game.
"It's difficult to stay focused after so many victories," Hassan Zadeh Navlighe said. "You might get used to it, and it's even more challenging.
"That's the secret of winning - not to get used to the victories and the gold medals."
After an intense and tight battle with Afghanistan in the bronze medal match, Japan took the prize with a 3-1 penalty shoot-out win.
"It doesn't matter that we lost," said team manager Din Mohammad Safi. "It's the first time that Afghanistan have finished in the top four at the Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games. This is very good for our country, everybody is happy."
- Latest News27 September, 2017 (10:29)
- Latest News26 September, 2017 (21:49)
- Latest News25 September, 2017 (22:17)
- Latest News25 September, 2017 (18:38)
- Latest News25 September, 2017 (10:20)
- Latest News24 September, 2017 (22:45)
- Latest News24 September, 2017 (19:04)
- Latest News24 September, 2017 (10:15)
- Latest News23 September, 2017 (23:48)
- Latest News23 September, 2017 (10:51)
- Latest News22 September, 2017 (15:55)
- Latest News21 September, 2017 (10:18)
- Latest News20 September, 2017 (23:16)
- Latest News19 September, 2017 (23:02)
- Latest News17 September, 2017 (11:21)
- Latest News15 September, 2017 (20:36)
- Latest News08 September, 2017 (12:15)
- Latest News28 August, 2017 (18:04)
- Latest News25 August, 2017 (17:00)
- Latest News18 August, 2017 (18:07)