Qatar 3x3 Basketball team only focused on gold at Ashgabat 2017
Qatar's 3x3 Basketball team comes into the Ashgabat 2017 5th Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games ambitious, confident but humble.
The Qatar team makes their debut in the competition on Wednesday 20 September against Samoa and they are considered main contenders to go all the way.
Their star player, Tanguy Ngombo, one of the most decorated players to appear at Ashgabat 2017 because of his successful career in 5x5 Basketball and his selection at the NBA draft, revealed the team's state of mind.
“We came here to reach the top. Nothing but gold,” Ngombo said. "We have showed our potential in several tournaments and gained big confidence.
"It will not be easy to win it all, but we are strong believers."
The Congolese-born basketballer who plays with Qatari sport powerhouse Al-Rayyan added: “When you compete in an open and hot basketball court sometimes you can’t breathe. But, come on, we are from Qatar, not from Alaska.”
News #3x3 Basketball
- Latest News25 September, 2017 (12:34)
- Latest News24 September, 2017 (22:45)
- Latest News24 September, 2017 (10:15)
- Latest News23 September, 2017 (23:48)
- Latest News23 September, 2017 (10:51)
- Latest News22 September, 2017 (18:06)
- Latest News21 September, 2017 (18:10)
- Latest News21 September, 2017 (10:18)
- Latest News19 September, 2017 (23:02)
- Latest News19 September, 2017 (16:56)
- Latest News18 September, 2017 (23:59)
- Latest News08 September, 2017 (12:15)
- Latest News02 September, 2017 (13:23)
- Latest News27 August, 2017 (09:00)
- Latest News17 August, 2017 (11:54)
- Latest News01 August, 2017 (10:43)
- Latest News03 July, 2017 (17:28)
- Latest News22 May, 2017 (16:00)
- Latest News21 May, 2017 (11:42)
- Latest News08 April, 2017 (14:29)