Shining First Stars — Meet Orazberdi
31 August, 2017 (20:05)
The 5th Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games will welcome thousands of media representatives to the Turkmenistan capital of Ashgabat from 17–27 September, and one young First Star volunteer will be playing his part in helping to showcase his country to the world.
Orazberdi Kakyashov said that becoming a part of the biggest multi-sport event ever staged in the Central Asian region was ‘too good of an opportunity to miss’and he has gone through extensive training to become a Broadcast and Media Operations volunteer.
“I found out about volunteering opportunities last September,” said the 24 year old, who graduated with an English language and literature degree from Turkmen State University in June. “That's when I heard that an international media forum was going to be held in Ashgabat several months before the Games.
“I was excited by the amount of people, the huge amount of international journalists that would be coming here. That's when I decided that I wanted to work at that forum. Ever since then, I have been a Broadcast and Media Operations volunteer.”
Supporting the media is a crucial role for the volunteers who know that the impression they make on each and every one of those international media travelling in to cover the Games could impact the tone of the coverage.
“As avolunteer, I will work with international and local journalists,” said the Ashgabat native. “They will have their own problems every day and they will come to me to ask questions and expect some answers. Should they need something, I’ll be thereto help.”
As the Opening Ceremony draws nearer, Orazberdi can barely contain his excitement.
“It will be a huge project,” he said. “A company called Balich World Wide Shows is putting it together. If I'm not wrong, they were involved in ceremonies at some Olympic Games so that's very exciting and gives an idea of what we can expect.”
Interacting with so many international visitors will undoubtedly improve his communication skills, which will be an asset as he begins to lecture at the university this year.
“I have learned so much being a First Star and I can share my experiences from the media forums, press conferences and press briefings. They can be useful for my colleagues and other volunteers who are new to this,” he said.
- Latest News13 September, 2017 (17:00)
- Latest News13 September, 2017 (13:58)
- Latest News12 September, 2017 (13:08)
- Latest News11 September, 2017 (14:45)
- Latest News11 September, 2017 (13:42)
- Latest News09 September, 2017 (12:09)
- Latest News07 September, 2017 (16:59)
- Latest News06 September, 2017 (11:41)
- Latest News03 September, 2017 (09:00)
- Latest News01 September, 2017 (18:43)
- Latest News31 August, 2017 (20:05)
- Latest News29 August, 2017 (11:05)
- Latest News26 August, 2017 (17:00)
- Latest News24 August, 2017 (17:31)
- Latest News21 August, 2017 (17:00)
- Latest News19 August, 2017 (17:00)
- Latest News16 August, 2017 (09:44)
- Latest News14 August, 2017 (11:40)
- Latest News11 August, 2017 (10:04)
- Latest News09 August, 2017 (10:29)