Shining First Stars – Meet Yazgul
26 August, 2017 (17:00)
Yazgul Taylyyeva has shown her versatility as she prepares to welcome the world to her native Turkmenistan for the 5th Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games being held in Ashgabat from 17-27 September.
The 21 year old signed up two years ago as a First Star, the name of the huge volunteer workforce that has been recruited and trained to make the Games tick through their 12 world-class days of sport.
She has already gained experience working in Protocol, Event Services and Venue Management and is counting down the days so that she can put her new found skills into real time use.
“When I started to volunteer it was sometimes difficult for me because there was a lot to learn and understand,” she said. “But I have learned a lot along the way.
“When working with the other volunteers and with people who have travelled here from overseas, I have learned that you need to be punctual, patient and adaptable to different situations.
“Now the the Games are approaching, I feel I have the skills to do a good job because of being involved in the test events held earlier this year. For example, when I worked at the Sambo test event, we worked from 8:30am until 10pm at night. It was a long shift and I wasn't used to it, but it wasn't tiring. It was really interesting.”
The third year auditing and accounting student at the Turkman Institute of Finance revealed that her training has helped her to become a good communicator.”
That will be forefront in Yazgul's mind when she takes on a new role at Indoor Athletics for Ashgabat 2017.
“I decided after working in several different areas that I wanted to work in sport,” she said. “I wanted to work in another area so that I get can as much experience as possible from this event.”
Her new role will put her in direct contact with some of the big names from the 65 delegations travelling in from across Asia and Oceania to compete. This prospect is making her even more excited.
But what is Yazgul looking forward to most as the Games draw closer?
“I'm hoping that the Opening Ceremony will be very interesting,” she said. “Why? Because I really don't know what to expect!”
One thing visitors can expect when they meet her though is a friendly smile and professional service.
- Latest News13 September, 2017 (17:00)
- Latest News13 September, 2017 (13:58)
- Latest News12 September, 2017 (13:08)
- Latest News11 September, 2017 (14:45)
- Latest News11 September, 2017 (13:42)
- Latest News09 September, 2017 (12:09)
- Latest News07 September, 2017 (16:59)
- Latest News06 September, 2017 (11:41)
- Latest News03 September, 2017 (09:00)
- Latest News01 September, 2017 (18:43)
- Latest News31 August, 2017 (20:05)
- Latest News29 August, 2017 (11:05)
- Latest News26 August, 2017 (17:00)
- Latest News24 August, 2017 (17:31)
- Latest News21 August, 2017 (17:00)
- Latest News19 August, 2017 (17:00)
- Latest News16 August, 2017 (09:44)
- Latest News14 August, 2017 (11:40)
- Latest News11 August, 2017 (10:04)
- Latest News09 August, 2017 (10:29)