Shining First Stars – Meet Musa
21 July, 2017 (09:00)
When the Ashgabat 2017 5th Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games begins at the Ashgabat Olympic Complex on September, Musa Charyyev will be hard at work ensuring it is an unprecedented success.
Musa, a proud First Star, will strive to ensure there are no doping violations at the event. The 5th year student of English language and Literature at the Turkmen State University will be a Doping Control Officer at the event.
Musa, who said this would be his biggest-ever project as a volunteer, spoke about his initiation into it.
“I started volunteering two years ago. I signed up during a recruitment drive in our university ahead of the 34th Olympic Council of Asia General Assembly in Ashgabat. I worked as a liaison office and really enjoyed the experience, so I decided to continue and now here I’m, ready for the biggest competition of my life — Ashgabat 2017.” he said with a charming smile.
Musa, who has already worked on several Test Events for Ashgabat 2017, said he learned a lot while on the job. He particularly valued the time he spent with international professionals, who are in charge of different functions within the Ashgabat 2017 organisation
“After starting volunteering, I became a much better communicator. I started interacting with people from different countries and regions and it really helped in my overall development. I also made many new Turkmen friends, who study in different universities around the country. I want to continue my volunteering journey even after Ashgabat 2017 is over.” said Musa, who has also worked as a technology leader during one of his earlier volunteering stints.
So does he have a particularly fond memory during his two-year stint as a volunteer? He replied in the affirmative.
“Last year, I went to Baku for the European F1 Grand Prix as a volunteer. During the post-race concert, I was desperately trying to get a selfie with Spanish singer Enrique Iglesias. Seeing my volunteer uniform, he called me near, took my phone from me and clicked a selfie together. It was surreal. It also proved how lucky I was to be a volunteer for Ashgabat 2017,” he said.
- Latest News13 September, 2017 (17:00)
- Latest News13 September, 2017 (13:58)
- Latest News12 September, 2017 (13:08)
- Latest News11 September, 2017 (14:45)
- Latest News11 September, 2017 (13:42)
- Latest News09 September, 2017 (12:09)
- Latest News07 September, 2017 (16:59)
- Latest News06 September, 2017 (11:41)
- Latest News03 September, 2017 (09:00)
- Latest News01 September, 2017 (18:43)
- Latest News31 August, 2017 (20:05)
- Latest News29 August, 2017 (11:05)
- Latest News26 August, 2017 (17:00)
- Latest News24 August, 2017 (17:31)
- Latest News21 August, 2017 (17:00)
- Latest News19 August, 2017 (17:00)
- Latest News16 August, 2017 (09:44)
- Latest News14 August, 2017 (11:40)
- Latest News11 August, 2017 (10:04)
- Latest News09 August, 2017 (10:29)