First Stars are on their way to inspire
20 July, 2017 (09:00)
First Stars are one step closer to inspire everyone who comes to the Ashgabat 2017 5th Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games in September as their Games Time Training begins. Starting mid July and lasting until September, First Stars will be trained within the Ashgabat Olympic Complex to be the best in their role.
Many First Stars began their journey with little or no experience at all about what it takes to be a volunteer. However, with the help of “Time to Inspire” Pre-Games training and the various Test Events, volunteers have gained a considerable amount of knowledge about what it takes to be a deliver world class sporting events.
Over the next few weeks, First Stars will complete an intensive training plan consisting of General, Role Specific and Role Specific Practical Training, other than Leadership Training for a selected portion.
General Training focuses on a range of skills that will help our First Stars in September, including Games time hosting behaviours and explaining how they will operate in their venue teams and the Games time operations.
Gill Cook, Ashgabat 2017 Senior Training Manager said: “Training is going smoothly, we have very good attendance and volunteers are brilliant. We train volunteers intensely about policies and procedures, provide knowledge specific to their role, so they can perform their volunteer roles at Ashgabat 2017. Ultimately, we want all volunteers to be confident in their roles and responsibilities for their first shift and fulfill to their volunteer role to the highest level.”
Guller Berdekova, Village Team Leader and student at D. Azadi Turkmen National Institute of World Languages, said: “General Training was interesting and increased my understanding about volunteering during the Games. Now, I am excited to attend next Games-time training to develop my volunteer skills.”
Akmyrat Yazmyradov, Accreditation Team Leader student at International Oil and Gas University said: “During General Training I gained very useful information involving health and safety, greeting guest and venue teams. I will continue attending Games-time training as my main goal is to become a successful Team Leader.”
First Stars are the key to the success of 5th Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games and the training provided will give them the opportunity to inspire and deliver the best AIMAG to date.
- Latest News13 September, 2017 (17:00)
- Latest News13 September, 2017 (13:58)
- Latest News12 September, 2017 (13:08)
- Latest News11 September, 2017 (14:45)
- Latest News11 September, 2017 (13:42)
- Latest News09 September, 2017 (12:09)
- Latest News07 September, 2017 (16:59)
- Latest News06 September, 2017 (11:41)
- Latest News03 September, 2017 (09:00)
- Latest News01 September, 2017 (18:43)
- Latest News31 August, 2017 (20:05)
- Latest News29 August, 2017 (11:05)
- Latest News26 August, 2017 (17:00)
- Latest News24 August, 2017 (17:31)
- Latest News21 August, 2017 (17:00)
- Latest News19 August, 2017 (17:00)
- Latest News16 August, 2017 (09:44)
- Latest News14 August, 2017 (11:40)
- Latest News11 August, 2017 (10:04)
- Latest News09 August, 2017 (10:29)