Turkmen teams narrowly miss a place on the podium
There was disappointment for Turkmenistan’s men’s and women’s 3x3 Basketball teams when they each narrowly missed out on bronze medals on the penultimate day of the Islamic Solidarity Games in Baku on Sunday.
On an action-packed day for Turkmenistan, its women’s tennis doubles pair fought tooth and nail against Malaysia, but was unable to clinch a bronze medal.
Bronze medal play offs in 3x3 Basketball
Turkmenistan’s 3x3 Basketball teams in both the men’s and women’s competition were unable to clinch a medal, losing their respective bronze-medal matches.
The men’s team defeated Mali 13-10 in the quarter-finals before going down to Qatar 14-21 in the last four. The side then lost 10-17 to Turkey in the crucial third-place tie.
Meanwhile, the women’s team went down fighting (9-13) to Mali in the semi-finals, before losing to Turkey by the same margin in the bronze-medal play-off.
Women’s doubles pair misses out on tennis bronze
On the tennis court, Turkmenistan’s women’s doubles pair of Anastasiya Prenko and Jahan Bayramova went down to Malaysia’s Jawairiah Noordin and Theiviya Selva-Rajoo in the bronze medal match.
The first set went down down to the wire (6-7) before Malaysia clinched the second 6-0.
Agamyradov bows out in semi-finals
Turkmen wushu practitioner Annageldi Agamyradov lost the men’s 56kg semi-final bout against Iran’s Mahdi Mohammadi 0-2. He was the most successful competitor for Turkmenistan in the competition.
Turkmenistan currently occupies 15th place on the medal table, with 12 medals (two gold, four silver, six bronze).
Host Azerbaijan increased its lead at the top of the table with 74 gold medals, 46 silver and 32 bronze. Turkey remains second with 68 gold, 63 silver and 54 bronze medals, and Iran is third (30, 26, 33).
News #3x3 Basketball
- Latest News25 September, 2017 (12:34)
- Latest News24 September, 2017 (22:45)
- Latest News24 September, 2017 (10:15)
- Latest News23 September, 2017 (23:48)
- Latest News23 September, 2017 (10:51)
- Latest News22 September, 2017 (18:06)
- Latest News21 September, 2017 (18:10)
- Latest News21 September, 2017 (10:18)
- Latest News19 September, 2017 (23:02)
- Latest News19 September, 2017 (16:56)
- Latest News18 September, 2017 (23:59)
- Latest News08 September, 2017 (12:15)
- Latest News02 September, 2017 (13:23)
- Latest News27 August, 2017 (09:00)
- Latest News17 August, 2017 (11:54)
- Latest News01 August, 2017 (10:43)
- Latest News03 July, 2017 (17:28)
- Latest News22 May, 2017 (16:00)
- Latest News21 May, 2017 (11:42)
- Latest News08 April, 2017 (14:29)