Turkmen athletes arrived in Baku to participate in the 4th Islamic Solidarity Games
13 May, 2017 (12:18)
Source: State News Agency of Turkmenistan
Turkmen sportsmen arrived in the capital of Azerbaijan, Baku to participate in the 4th Islamic Solidarity Games to be held from 12 to 22 of May. Over 3 thousand athletes from 57 countries have assemble to compete in over 20 medal events– Egypt, Indonesia, Bangladesh, the United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Gambia, Yemen, etc. Competitions will be held in the modern sports facilities, built for first European Games in 2015.
Turkmen athletes will compete in 10 events – volleyball, boxing, tennis, judo, wrestling (Greco-Roman and freestyle), weightlifting, swimming, 3x3 basketball, wushu and karate-do.
Volleyball players will be the first to compete on May 11. During the group stage, the Turkmen team’s rivals will be national teams of Azerbaijan, Turkey, Pakistan and Palestine. On the opening day of Islamic Games, the masters of boxing and tennis will join volleyball players.
On 13 May, the first weightlifting medal winners of the will be determined. On the same day, judo and karate-do will also make their first appearance on the podium, and there will be swimming competitions as well. Freestyle and classical style wrestlers will start their competition on 17 May with basketball and wushu competitions only starting after these.
According to experts, Turkmen boxers, are favorites to do well at these Games. Recently they participated at the Asian Championship in the capital of Uzbekistan, where Nuryagdy Nuryagdyev, in the under 81 kg weight category and Aziz Achilov (under 75 kg) secured two spots to the World Championship to be held in late August in Hamburg (Germany).
- Latest News22 September, 2017 (18:06)
- Latest News22 September, 2017 (15:55)
- Latest News22 September, 2017 (09:32)
- Latest News22 September, 2017 (08:58)
- Other News22 September, 2017 (08:30)
- Latest News21 September, 2017 (18:10)
- Latest News20 September, 2017 (23:16)
- Latest News20 September, 2017 (21:37)
- Latest News20 September, 2017 (19:13)
- Latest News20 September, 2017 (12:30)
- Latest News19 September, 2017 (11:21)
- Latest News18 September, 2017 (12:20)
- Latest News17 September, 2017 (23:30)
- Latest News17 September, 2017 (11:21)
- Latest News16 September, 2017 (20:26)
- Latest News15 September, 2017 (20:36)
- Latest News15 September, 2017 (19:29)
- Latest News14 September, 2017 (18:24)
- Latest News14 September, 2017 (10:31)
- Latest News13 September, 2017 (17:00)