Ashgabat 2017 Launches First Stars Volunteer Programme
09 February, 2017 (17:00)
Your time to inspire begins today- register to be a First Star now!
The Ashgabat 2017 volunteer journey begins today as the Games-time volunteer recruitment for the 5th Asian Indoor Athletics and Martial Arts Games is launched.
Other than being the first point of contact and the face of the Games, the First Stars will also be the biggest ever volunteer movement in Turkmenistan and will take on the duty to inspire their country through their Games time experience.
The Chairman of the 5th Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games Executive Committee, Dayanch Gulgeldiyev said: “We are looking for the best eligible students from across Ashgabat who will make our great nation proud.”
“We want Ashgabat 2017 to have the greatest volunteers who will not only help deliver the Games in September but also demonstrate the warm and wonderful hospitality of our great nation. They must be ready to inspire.”
The programme will include up to 10,000 generalist and specialist volunteers from the host country who’ll be instrumental to making the Games a huge success. Volunteers are vital in ensuring the smooth running of the Games whilst demonstrating their helpful, friendly and warm hospitality to athletes and spectators from across the world.
Recruitment is now open for two types of volunteer roles; Specialists in areas such as medical services, sport or press operations and Generalists, with roles ranging from spectator assistants, uniform distributors and ticket checking.
Human Resources, Workforce and Accreditation Director, said: “We want this to be one of the most memorable experiences for our volunteers, making great friends, being inspirational and being healthy. Volunteering can do all of this and more, which is why we are thinking more about the long term.
“We want to leave a lasting legacy well after the Games which is why volunteers will have the opportunity to learn new skills to help them to successfully perform their role at Games time and at other major sporting, cultural and local events.”
Eligible students can begin their journey to become a First Star today by registering online at their local Volunteer Centre that can be found in all Universities and Institutes.
Chief Operating Officer said, “Volunteers are the difference between good Games and great Games. Over the last six months and at our recent Test Events, our volunteers have been phenomenal and I believe they will make us proud during the Games.
Registration are open from today 9 February 2017 and will close at 23:59 on 10 March 2017.
- Latest News13 September, 2017 (17:00)
- Latest News13 September, 2017 (13:58)
- Latest News12 September, 2017 (13:08)
- Latest News11 September, 2017 (14:45)
- Latest News11 September, 2017 (13:42)
- Latest News09 September, 2017 (12:09)
- Latest News07 September, 2017 (16:59)
- Latest News06 September, 2017 (11:41)
- Latest News03 September, 2017 (09:00)
- Latest News01 September, 2017 (18:43)
- Latest News31 August, 2017 (20:05)
- Latest News29 August, 2017 (11:05)
- Latest News26 August, 2017 (17:00)
- Latest News24 August, 2017 (17:31)
- Latest News21 August, 2017 (17:00)
- Latest News19 August, 2017 (17:00)
- Latest News16 August, 2017 (09:44)
- Latest News14 August, 2017 (11:40)
- Latest News11 August, 2017 (10:04)
- Latest News09 August, 2017 (10:29)