Turkmenistan national team wins international basketball tournament
Winners of international basketball tournament in 3X3 format, held in the Complex of Games Sports of the Olympic complex of Ashgabat, were defined. Our athletes won gold and silver medals in men competitions as well as highest prizes in women group.
16 teams participated in the competitions – six from Turkmenistan as well as national teams from Russia, Turkey, Iran, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan. As it was already informed, international basketball tournament was held for the first time in our country and it was interested to know the opinion of the guests on its organization and sport base, which would host V Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games in the next year.
Numerous foreign coaches and athletes mentioned that they have never played on such grounds as the Olympic complex of Ashgabat has. The guests also noted high professional level of referee teams, efficient work of volunteers, organization of training process, accommodating of the participants and of course Turkmen hospitality.
Three Turkmen teams made their way to the finals. Final game in women group, where the host of the tournament met Azerbaijan team, was very bright. The match was played with varied success and however, Turkmen girls were better in the last few seconds and won with 21:19 score. Ayna Gokova, the captain of Turkmenistan made special contribution to the victory, having scored 16 points. It is worth mentioning other winners of the gold medal in our team. They are Myahri Jumageldiyeva, Leyla Khalilova and Nigyara Nagiyeva.
There was no special contest in men final. Turkmenistan – 1 team, including Toyly Bayriyev, Merdan Hojamammedov, Alexander Pashkov and Maxim Otbozin, confidently won their compatriots with 21:12 score.
Honoured Coach of Turkmenistan, Acting Chairman of the National Basketball Federation Ridvan Velishayev said that success of our sportsmen was obvious in the current competitions. The teams were provided with all necessary facilities. It was forestalled by large preparation training work. The trainings were held three times a day at the base of the capital Olympic complex. Special importance was paid to actions under the rim - defence and rebound, as well as to contact struggle and average distance shots. Using all these skills during matches with experienced competitors, Turkmenistan players won the games as a result.
The Head coach of national team also informed that team practice session is going to be held in December of the current year in Poland. Our compatriots will play in number of European 3X3 basketball tournaments as a part of training process. This, as well as current tournament in Ashgabat, will be good practice for our athletes for the forthcoming V Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games.
News #3x3 Basketball
- Latest News25 September, 2017 (12:34)
- Latest News24 September, 2017 (22:45)
- Latest News24 September, 2017 (10:15)
- Latest News23 September, 2017 (23:48)
- Latest News23 September, 2017 (10:51)
- Latest News22 September, 2017 (18:06)
- Latest News21 September, 2017 (18:10)
- Latest News21 September, 2017 (10:18)
- Latest News19 September, 2017 (23:02)
- Latest News19 September, 2017 (16:56)
- Latest News18 September, 2017 (23:59)
- Latest News08 September, 2017 (12:15)
- Latest News02 September, 2017 (13:23)
- Latest News27 August, 2017 (09:00)
- Latest News17 August, 2017 (11:54)
- Latest News01 August, 2017 (10:43)
- Latest News03 July, 2017 (17:28)
- Latest News22 May, 2017 (16:00)
- Latest News21 May, 2017 (11:42)
- Latest News08 April, 2017 (14:29)