Major Student Games started in Turkmenistan
03 October, 2016 (13:21)
Source: State News Agency of Turkmenistan
The grand opening ceremony of 8th Universiade took place in the National Institute of Sports and Tourism of Turkmenistan.
Five thousand students from 20 higher educational institutions will participate in this sport event. They will compete in 22 Sports disciplines.
Tournaments on national game Yedi Top (Seven Balls) and on Sports such as: Billiard and Bowling were held for the first time in previous Universiade Games. The last two Sports are included in the 5th Asian Games Programme.
In this year Badminton is included in the Games Programme of Universiade. Complete lists of winners, runner ups and medalists of the tournaments will be determined in November 2016.
Friendly match was held today between volleyball teams of National Institute of Sports and Tourism and Turkmen State Institute of Transport and Communication. Students of Sports Institute secured victory with the score of 3:1.
Swimming competitions were held in Water Sports Complex on the day before. Representatives of National Institute of Sports and Tourism won Men’s 50 meters swimming tournament and in woman’s the victory was achieved by the students of Turkmen National Conservatory.
Tournaments on Chess and Handball will commence on 4th October 2016.
- Latest News25 September, 2017 (22:17)
- Latest News25 September, 2017 (10:20)
- Latest News24 September, 2017 (22:45)
- Latest News24 September, 2017 (16:41)
- Latest News24 September, 2017 (10:15)
- Latest News23 September, 2017 (23:48)
- Latest News23 September, 2017 (10:51)
- Latest News22 September, 2017 (22:36)
- Latest News22 September, 2017 (09:32)
- Latest News22 September, 2017 (08:58)
- Latest News08 September, 2017 (12:15)
- Latest News10 August, 2017 (11:10)
- Latest News15 June, 2017 (11:31)
- Latest News17 May, 2017 (12:35)
- Latest News02 May, 2017 (15:02)
- Latest News27 April, 2017 (21:19)
- Latest News27 April, 2017 (18:52)
- Latest News26 April, 2017 (22:23)
- Latest News26 April, 2017 (20:28)
- Latest News26 April, 2017 (18:15)