Track Cycling is a fast-paced competition that involves a variety of team and individual events, requiring athletes to display their speed, power, endurance and tactics around a 43-degree banked track.
Track Cycling fits into two broad categories: Sprint races and Endurance races. There are individual and team disciplines in both categories.
In Track Cycling, Sprint races are generally between eight and 10 laps with focus on raw power and race tactics over a short distance to defeat opponents.
Endurance races are held over much longer distances, with up to 120 laps for a full length Madison race in World Championships or Olympic Games.
Track Cycling has been around since at least 1870. When Cycling was in its infancy, wooden indoor tracks were laid that resemble those of modern velodromes, consisting of two straights and slightly banked turns.
The first Track Cycling World Championships were held in 1893 in Chicago, and Track Cycling has been an Olympic sport since 1896, with the exception of the 1912 Olympics.
At Ashgabat 2017
A total of nine medal competitions will be contested at Ashgabat 2017 between 18–23 September at the Velodrome, five for men and four for women.
These will be split into three Sprint events for Individual Sprint, Team Sprint and Keirin as well as two Endurance events for Team Pursuit and Omnium.
- The first Track Cycling World Championships were held in 1893 in Chicago
- In its 122-year history, the world championships have visited 23 countries including Japan, Colombia and Venezuela. France has hosted the event 15 times
- Track Cycling has been an Olympic Sport since 1896
News #Track Cycling
- Latest News23 September, 2017 (23:48)
- Latest News23 September, 2017 (11:19)
- Latest News23 September, 2017 (10:51)
- Latest News22 September, 2017 (22:36)
- Latest News22 September, 2017 (09:32)
- Latest News21 September, 2017 (23:05)
- Latest News21 September, 2017 (10:18)
- Latest News19 September, 2017 (23:02)
- Latest News19 September, 2017 (12:10)
- Latest News18 September, 2017 (23:01)
- Latest News18 September, 2017 (11:23)
- Latest News12 September, 2017 (13:08)
- Latest News09 September, 2017 (18:06)
- Latest News08 September, 2017 (12:15)
- Latest News01 September, 2017 (18:28)
- Latest News12 August, 2017 (10:01)
- Latest News24 February, 2017 (14:41)
- Latest News
The tournament defining the composition of national team for participation in international competitions was held at Ashgabat Indoor Cycle Track22 December, 2016 (13:03)
- Latest News
Turkmen bike riders are preparing for the Asian Games in 2017 under the leadership of the famous Russian coach16 October, 2016 (10:50)
- Latest News01 September, 2016 (10:01)